There’s plenty to do besides fly‐fishing.
The bird watching is truly spectacular. Located high on a ridge, you will enjoy a unique perspective as you spot some of Australia’s most stunning birds; everything from miniscule Thornbills to giant Wedge‐tailed Eagles. We have “PI’d” over 50 species – and that’s just from the Lodge’s back deck.
A day floating down the Murray or Swampy Plain rivers in a canoe, taking in the stunning scenery and just relaxing, is a great way to unwind and get away from it all.
And with 3 nearby national parks, there’s no shortage of fantastic bushwalking. You can even trek to the top of Mt Kosciuszko, at 2228 metres (7,310 feet) Australia’s highest peak.
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Four wheel driving
- Towong Cup horse races at the historic Towong Turf Club
- The Man from Snowy River Bush Festival, Corryong
- Corryong Farmer’s Market, 2nd Saturday morning of every month
- Golf, tennis, scenic drives, wineries